Looking for a way to track a cell phone and other devices? Lots of people download monitoring apps to look at other people’s text messages. What if there was an app that can also let you sneak a peek at the pictures and videos? Today we’re looking at some of the best monitoring apps out there and what their specialties are.
What’s in a Monitoring App?
Before we list down the top monitoring apps, let’s look at the anatomy of one. A typical monitoring app will have the following.
- Mobile tracker – By using GPS and RFID, you can check the location of a phone. This works great if you just want to know if your child is in school or not. Advanced apps have geo-fencing which triggers an alarm if the device exits a virtual fence on a map.
- Message access – The most sought-after feature. People try to use a free cell phone monitoring just to check on messages. A good app would give you access to iMessages, SMS, social media messages, emails and deleted messages.
- Gallery access – Open up the target phone gallery as if you are holding the phone in your hands. Download media to your phone for safekeeping.
- Invisibility – Lastly, the app should have a stealth mode that keeps the target from suspecting that he or she is being monitored.
With those basic features listed, now let’s look at some of the best apps out there.
Top Apps for Monitoring Someone’s Phone
- PhoneSpector – Let’s start off with the best in terms of packed features. PhoneSpector has all the listed features a monitoring app except for Viber messages. Not really a deal breaker since it’s only one app among many that it can monitor. It works great for only a one-time fee with free lifetime upgrades. Definitely a good deal.
- Highster Mobile – Get an account and a dashboard and monitor the target phone discreetly. Has a great OTA installation for android phones. Requires one license per target phone though but still worth the money.
- iPhone Monitoring – Auto Forward has been in the business for more than 5 years. If you’re looking for monitoring software for iOS, then Auto Forward’s iPhone Monitoring is your best bet. Featuring a no-jailbreak installation process, you can avoid damaging the target iPhone or Apple device. Definitely the most affordable phone monitoring apps for iOS devices out there. Visit Auto Forward’s website to find out more.
Remember, with these apps, you can see everything that the target is doing. As trite as it sounds, “With great power comes with great responsibility.” Monitor safely!